Our website address is: http://divineuk.org.
Our Retreat Centers
- Divine Retreat Centre – St Augustine’s Abbey
St. Augustines Road
Tel: 01843 586904
- Carmel Divine Centre – Darlington
We want you to:
- feel comfortable using our web sites
- feel secure submitting information to us
- contact us with your questions or concerns about privacy on this site
- know that by using our sites you are consenting to the collection of certain data
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
We do not use the information submitted through the contact forms for marketing purposes.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
We do not share any personal data with anyone.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
We collect and store information you submit to us when making a booking, for the purpose of reserving your requested spaces at our event and maintaining a record of attendance.
We collect and store information you submit to us about events (and corresponding locations) you would like to publish on our site.
MailPoet newsletter & emails
If you have subscribed to our newsletter or if you are a member of our website (you can log in) or if you have purchased on our website, there is a good chance you will receive emails from us.
We will only send you emails which you have signed up to receive, or which pertain to the services we provided to you.
To send you emails, we use the name and email address you provide us. Our site also logs the IP address you used when you signed up for the service to prevent abuse of the system.
This website can send emails through the MailPoet sending service. This service allows us to track opens and clicks on our emails. We use this information to improve the content of our newsletters.
No identifiable information is otherwise tracked outside this website except for the email address.
We are absolutely committed to protecting your privacy. Our policy can be summarised in one sentence: we will not share your information with others without your consent.
We have established the following two principles:
- We will respect your email privacy. You will only receive an email from the Divine UK in relation to areas you have expressly signed up for.
- We will not share any individual user details (including your email address) to any third party without your consent.
What information do we collect?
We will automatically receive and collect certain anonymous information in standard usage logs through our Web server, including computer-identification information obtained from “cookies,” sent to your browser from
- a web server cookie stored on your hard drive
- an IP address, assigned to the computer which you use
- the domain server through which you access our service
- the type of computer you’re using
- the type of web browser you’re using
We may collect the following personally identifiable information about you:
- name including first and last name
- alternate email address
- mobile phone number and contact details
- IP/Postal code
- demographic profile (like your age, gender, occupation, education, address and durables owned)
- preferences and interests (such as news, sports, travel and so on)
- financial information (like account or credit card numbers) and
- opinions of features on our websites.
We may also collect the following information:
- about the pages you visit/access
- the links you click on our site
- the number of times you access the page
You can terminate your account any time. However, your information may remain stored in archive on our servers even after your account is terminated or deleted.
We will collect anonymous traffic information from you when you visit our site. We will collect personally identifiable information about you only as part of a voluntary registration process, online survey, or contest or any combination thereof. Our advertisers may collect anonymous traffic information from their own assigned cookies to your browser.
We make chat rooms, forums, instant messenger and message boards and other services available to you. Please understand that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information. We have no control over its use and you should exercise caution when disclosing your personal information to anyone.
How is the information used?
We use your personal information to:
- help us provide personalised features
- tailor our sites to your interest
- to get in touch with you when necessary
- to provide the services requested by you
- to preserve social history as governed by existing law or policy
- We use contact information internally to:
- direct our efforts for product improvement
- contact you as a survey respondent
- notify you if you win any contest; and
- send you promotional materials from our contest sponsors or advertisers
Generally, we use anonymous traffic information to:
- remind us of who you are in order to deliver to you better and more personalised service from both an advertising and an editorial perspective;
- recognise your access privileges to our websites
- track your entries in some of our promotions, sweepstakes, and contests to indicate a player’s progress through the promotion and to track entries, submissions, and status in prize drawings
- make sure that you don’t see the same ad repeatedly
- help diagnose problems with our server
- administer our websites track your session so that we can understand better how people use our sites
What else you should know about privacy
Remember to close your browser when you have finished your user session. This is to ensure that others cannot access your personal information and correspondence if you share a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place like a library or Internet cafe. You as an individual are responsible for the security of, and access to, your own computer.
Please be aware that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information over the Internet that this information can be collected and used by others. In short, if you post personal information in publicly accessible online forums, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return. Ultimately, you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your usernames and passwords and any account information. Please be careful and responsible whenever you are using the Internet.
Our pages may contain links to other websites, and you should be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices on other websites.
Although we will endeavor to safeguard the confidentiality of your personally identifiable information, transmissions made by means of the Internet cannot be made absolutely secure. By using this site, you agree that we will have no liability for disclosure of your information due to errors in transmission or unauthorised acts of third parties.
Send an e-mail to email@example.com